6.24.2009

Paganism on the Rise: Everyone's a Pagan now


Paganism is going mainstream. It's about time!
Check out this article I recently found.

This is such great news. I've felt I needed to hide my beliefs from people or risk being instantly judged. In fact, creating this blog was hard at first, but has been very helpful for me getting used to being open about my magic.... and it is something I would like to share with others.

Many times I've told people I'm a witch and watched their eyes get wide and their bodies get tense. After awhile I would avoid the subject of religion, but it's such a huge part of me I felt I was hiding 75% of who I am. I would try to "water it down" with the phrase "oh I'm a goddess worshiper" or "I'm a wiccan". It's true, those phrases DO apply to me, but when I became a witch in 1988...I called myself a witch.

It's hard to get past all the fear and programming that have saturated our society for so many centuries about pagans. I hope that this article signals a new era where nature religions are celebrated!!

1 comment: